Ok, Bungie: time to stop being evasive (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 09:57 (3557 days ago) @ kapowaz

That's actually a great example, but yeah, didn't come from somebody from Bungie.

The more I think about it, though, the more I have to wonder how this description came into existence. For a games journalist to just assume that the game permitted this doesn't make sense to me; they must have asked, and somebody at Bungie must have nodded or otherwise indicated that it was the case. Whether it was wilfully withholding the truth, or feeding somebody something that wasn't true, they permitted the fiction to be published.

BAM. Should be linked to the appropriate time. This was, if memory serves, one of the last public demos of the Old Russia space at E3 2013, and as one of the last, they had a little more fun with it and deviated from the script.

While he says all of what's behind him is playable space and real geometry and one day they hope to send us there, I can't help but wonder if perhaps we misinterpreted his remark. He's not lying, one day they MIGHT send us there. Or perhaps he was telling something of a white lie. The remark is true, he's just demonstrating in the wrong direction. After all, what's behind him is far more visible and expansive than what's in front of him, which is a giant wall. He could've even meant the area just around the wrong of the wall, which, like we saw in the Beta, was fairly expansive for no real reason. Or he could've just been making a false remark and was reprimanded for it later.

Ultimately it doesn't bother me so much. I remember being really psyched about that comment, and then completely forgot about it until you brought it up. In a lot of ways I'm disappointed Destiny is as constrained as it is right now, but with any luck that'll change over time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread