Want vs Need (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 31, 2014, 18:24 (3557 days ago) @ kapowaz

What is Bungie not going to tell us once the game is out?

Do you think that on release day they will immediately post a thorough explanation of how character levels will work, or will we all have to find that out for ourselves?

The funny thing is I somewhat agree with you. Bungie's slow drip style isn't my favorite either. Why were things like how saves transfer a secret for so long when Bungie now tells reporters "it was the plan all along to keep saves in the same console family." Or why did it take so long for just the very basics of the gameplay (open worlds + story missions) to be revealed, especially when Bungie kept saying that they weren't sure they'd gotten the message across about what Destiny was. The message hadn't gotten across because they'd neither shown us their game nor describe their game, and certainly said nothing about explore mode. Historically, I was pretty annoyed by the mid-Halo era of [redacted] in weekly updates as well.

But this? Levels and level caps? It's just another part of the game same as equipping armor and weapons or approaching any enemy formation. It's not going to be complicated. It doesn't need a day one immediate explanation. We will figure it out by playing the game a few hours or days and that will be that. And, If they ever increase the level cap I would bet my miniature Ghost I have preordered that they'll explain what effects an increase will have BEFORE it happens.

I think it's just fine to not like Bungie's style of communication, but I think you've chosen the wrong issue to try and demonstrate that dislike.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread