You clearly don't get my point (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 19:36 (3329 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I actually stated this FROM day one, on these forums. What I am saying is they are using our own physiology to get us to be addicted to something so they could sell us more of that, and that is a BAD thing.

There isn't anything insidious about it. It's not like they're sitting in a dark room, twirling their mustaches trying to get you hooked with malicious intent.

This IS Insidious. How is it not? I can't even understand that reasoning. We are going to make your mind do funny things so we can take your money. if a Salesman did this it would be illegal.

I'd agree with you if they had added micro transactions to the game. But as is, they gave us a high quality game (still lacks a good story) that intentionally keeps people coming back for more.

Devils Advocate here:
You could also look at them making this game addictive and selling us more as a good thing. Since you are playing it so much and other games less then you are saving money buy not purchasing/playing other games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread