You clearly don't get my point (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 20:16 (3329 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Again my main point is being missed a bit, they are actually changing your brain (this is a fact). And Halo was one of my examples of how it was good, fun and didn't need to alter my brain.

I am not a weak willed person in any way (well maybe for video games in general). I certainly did not expect to get hooked as I did. I understand there is choice, but your brain is being altered whether you choose to or not.

No it's not.

It is not being altered.

Rewards in general trigger that rush of dopa-mine that makes you want more.

Cake tastes good. I should eat more cake and I'll keep feeling good!

I just won a lottery ticket! I should buy again!

That stripper put her tits in my face when I gave her money! I should do that again!

I just beat that level in candy crush, but I'm out of lives (disclaimer: never played it, I don't know what limits people and what they can buy to keep playing but I know its a thing). I'll buy some more!

I just got a sweet loot drop from running that strike! I'll run another one!

I got your point and I hear you, but we aren't all in the matrix man. Maybe. I...I'm getting to deep here.

MY point is, some people realize they are being gamed, and some don't. Not just in Destiny, but all around you.

You want to win the game? Don't play it, I guess. Or just know when to stop.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread