You clearly don't get my point (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 20:11 (3329 days ago) @ unoudid

I certainly see the point, but that could also be considered making a monopoly with unfair practices. If everyone else then used that practice it would be a bad situation.

I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view on this, although I wish I did cause I think this is a part of a bigger issue in the US at least, but I want people to start thinking about it. Ethically, spiritually, monetarily, do we really want companies to control us this way?

I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say "do we really want companies to control us this way"

They have created a game with some very real psychological factors in place. They continually dangle that Gjallahorn in front of your face every raid/nightfall, etc.... to keep you coming back for more. They have all of the daily tasks to do which are still short enough to be able to do every day. the list goes on and on of little things to keep you coming back.

Yes but...

With that said, it's still our choice to keep playing in this manner if we choose to do so.

EXACTLY. You. The individual. YOU MUST BE SMART ENOUGH, to know when to stop! This applies to anything!

When anything crosses that line from "fun" to "I must do this" to the point it interferes with your, friends, family, work, health: YOU have to be the one to stop.

They have not laced the disc with some sort of drug to hook us on this game (which would be illegal). There is no chance to win money by playing more. They simply created a game that keeps people coming back for more.

RIGHT.

That's why America has such a problem with things like nutrition.

Again, Destiny is like a bag of chips. A few by themselves or with other food is ok. A whole bag is not!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread