You clearly don't get my point (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, April 02, 2015, 19:48 (3330 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

That's advertising. Beer is KNOWN to be addictive and that is fine since you know and it is advertised as such.

Not true- I've sampled many beers. The first time I was excited to see what all the fuss was about.

They all taste like piss.

Just like the other statement though, this is not apples to apples at all. Beer is addictive so it must be made clear that it is so, so much it can be a detriment to your life and the people around you. But you are a grown up and are allowed to take it. The game is not clear that it is actively trying to trick you into playing it more. As I said in one example, it's Coke adding actual coke to their drink to make it addictive.

It's not trying to trick anyone. They aren't taking anything from you, except your time, and MANY things are time sinks.

Halo was a time sink for a lot of us. We didn't "get" anything from it either.

Except fun.

Yeah. Fun things are worth doing.

In moderation.

Of course there are going to be jackasses who don't know when to stop, and it will consume them. That can happen with anything.

Destiny is not the same thing as a cigarette.

YES, there will be SOME people, who have little self control, and play Destiny 24/7. I'd wager those people are weak willed enough that anything could get them hooked in the right conditions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread