The Great Dismantling [weapon management guide] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 13, 2015, 17:55 (3221 days ago) @ red robber

This is a major problem I have. And I find I rarely run these new weapons so I don't know what I like (aside from my goto weapons, which are all equipped & therefore not the problem).

Quite the opposite for me. I've deleted all but a few of my old weapons. I have maybe 3 or 4 Vanilla and TDB legendaries.

I really prefer the new weapons. Maybe it's because I've converted to a pulse rifle guy, and there are a good many new pulse rifles. I'm also into shotties and RL's, also of which there are many good ones. Mostly this is because of being able to reroll them though. I think that it was better when you simply had the RNG system for perks.

For me, the "sets" are taking up the bulk of my inventory space. I have complete weapon sets for VoG, CE, Iron Banner, and Trials of Osiris (except for the rocket launcher). There is no good justification for hanging on to some of these weapons, but I put so much work into chasing them down that I can't imagine getting rid of them. Plus a lot of them are elemental primaries, which are always good to have.

With the new gear, I'm finding that the ability to re-roll does negate the need to collect more than 1 or 2 of each weapon type. I got a scout rifle with the base stats I like, and re-rolled it until I had my ideal set of perks. Same with hand cannons, rocket launchers, etc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread