I have... kind of (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 21:26 (3218 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by someotherguy, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 22:11

I was in the process of quantifying everything, starting from the White Weapons up, when I realised that patches and updates were going to make the workload constant and never-ending, so I kind of stopped after I figured out the base systems and rules that everything else follows.

Which means 3 things:

Sadly it also means that I'd need to start over if you wanted that level of specificity for new guns. That wouldn't be that hard, as there seem to be far fewer Legendaries than there are Rares, but honestly I feel like it would be overkill. It does lead me to one decision that would have to be made though - Because of the differing stats of each Legendary avilable, it would be far easier to talk about each archetype, but far more comprehensive to talk about each weapon on an individual basis.

For example, for a Swarm Archetype LMG I would usually say to stack Stability with Feeding Frenzy and increased magazine size. But the BTRD-345 already has great stability, so that would be a waste.

Similarly, the Dead Orbit Scout Rifle is inferior to the Crucible playlist's Shadow Scout Rifle. They benefit from a similar roll, but you could potentially do something slightly different with the Shadow because it has inherently superior stats.

Thoughts?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread