I don't think many people would have those questions here. (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 11:33 (3219 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't think many people would have those questions here.

It would largely be limited to shotpackage vs rangefinder or proximity detonation vs tracking or tripod vs clown cartridge. Even some of THAT is subjective.

Maybe it's just me, but I get a lot of requests to look at this gun or that gun and say if it's any good. I don't believe in the "there's only one good roll" belief, so I'll usually just say "Well that roll is gonna be good for X circumstance, but it could do that better with Y, or if you'd rather it did Z, you could roll it for ABC".

I figure offering advice on what you can do with a roll is just as important as saying "No, Re-Roll it", especially as each archetype usually has more than one possible "best" roll depending what you want to do with it.

In PvE, I still think in Skolas, for example, you can use whatever you want. Squid used his Red Hand last night.

my primary was flopping around between fatebringer, Timur's lash, arc Messenger, and Oversoul Edict.

So between you you used 2 re-rollable handcannons, and 3 top-tier "unique" weapons. I don't think that says much for being able to use "whatever you want". I'll bet the Timur's Lash and RH9 weren't rolled with Icarus and Third Eye, either.

The only thing we can really say is for the skolas fight, stick with arc as your element and probably don't use Nechrochasm. But we also used non elemental guns and solar rocket launchers with zero problem.

I'm not trying to say you have to use certain guns or perks for Skolas. I'm just saying you probably "shouldn't" use a Doctor Nope with Rangefinder, Quickdraw and Life Support.

What we COULD do is go through the perks available on guns and write up a massive perk guide to put on the website as a collaborative feature. We could write up information about the perks, then people get a say about what they think the usefulness of the perk is.

I quite like this idea. You see a lot of breakdowns on Reddit re-roll threads but not often with that much detail and almost never for every weapon class, let alone every archetype, or with input from more than one individual. If we could run through the perks, all give some thoughts on them and what they sunergise with, then suggest some builds for each archetype, that might work quite nicely. Especially as we'd probably end up repeating ourselves if we do it all on an individual basis.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread