I don't think many people would have those questions here. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:35 (3219 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:38

It would largely be limited to shotpackage vs rangefinder or proximity detonation vs tracking or tripod vs clown cartridge. Even some of THAT is subjective. Not shot package, obviously, but still. Basically, there are about 3 perks on each gun type you want. All we would do is look at the pulse rifle and say "No headseeker? Don't bother in PvP." "No shot package and not full auto? Don't bother in PvP," It would be the same rolls all the time for high level PvP stuff. No purpose there. That said, I believe Red Robber, Zero and I did very well in Trials (maybe Lighthouse?) while Red was using Hard Light.

In PvE, I still think in Skolas, for example, you can use whatever you want. Squid used his Red Hand last night. I used a sniper rifle sometimes, a shotgun other times, and my primary was flopping around between fatebringer, Timur's lash, arc Messenger, and Oversoul Edict. Our only problem was networking. The only thing we can really say is for the skolas fight, stick with arc as your element and probably don't use Nechrochasm. But we also used non elemental guns and solar rocket launchers with zero problem.

So, again, PvP is the only place where it really matters and it would just be a checklist of 3 perks for your gun, like Cody Miller said, fusion rifle with the range perk? Use it. Otherwise dump it.

What we COULD do is go through the perks available on guns and write up a massive perk guide to put on the website as a collaborative feature. We could write up information about the perks, then people get a say about what they think the usefulness of the perk is.

I see a lot more "Oh, I didn't know explosive rounds didn't do extra damage to fallen and hive" or "Field Scout brings your ammo capacity to max?" "Final round procs on the last two shots of a field scout sniper?" and "Full auto doubles the fire rate of a shotgun?" stuff. This would be much more useful in a guide feature and less in a judgement feature.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread