Star Wars: The Last Jedi *SPOILERS* (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 23:15 (2329 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 23:24

[image]

My response to this movie was the same as the last one (Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens). While there were moments where I felt a genuine thrill such as the Millennium Falcon doing the too close for comfort thing, over all I left the theater as I did last time. With a large MEH! That's not to say it's a bad movie, just that I can't simply ignore how much the orange juice and toothpaste do not mix. I don't know if it's because Disney wants to keep some mystery and loose ends, so they can sell more of their crap. I don't know if it's because the writers are too into cliche tropes, thus I rarely found my self surprised. I don't even know if it's because... I don't know.

What I do know is this. I was surprised by Leia. I thought she died, and she didn't. I find my self asking now, was my reaction because I was expecting an edit out, or the raw scene as is? That what did Skywalker in was the fear of failure as a teacher. All this pressure as "THE JEDI" meant he couldn't appreciate what was in front of him. That Rey isn't some fancy big shot bloodline, but no different then the kid with a broom. And that... is about it at the moment.

Snoke? Well unless they pull some sort of Palpatine Clone or Exar Kun force ghost shenanigans, well fuck all on that mystery. WHO THE 'ELL WAS THIS GUY! YOU DON'T KNOW! Generic Space wizard #1338 apparently. Captain Phasma is still a walking talking joke, but to the movies credit, at least there was more than a cameo this time. She still basically exists purely to look cool on posters, or at least "did"... and that's about it. You could switch her with "generic stormtrooper" and get the same depth. Then there is Kylo Ren. Ugh - THIS MUTHA FUKA! I have yet to find the full words, so I'll just give a quick burst of thoughts. WHAT DOES THIS CHARACTER WANT! HOW DID HE GET TO THIS POINT? Oh "but I could tell Snoke got to him first" - HOW!?!?!? Oh you mean that Dead guy! UGH! He exists as a mad plot tool. The emo teen that wants to just let the world die. At first I thought they were going to take the Kreia angle, and hate on the force. Nope! Just Kill everything and THEN RULE! Ugh. It was going so well, and they killed it. They went FULL RETARD! And with Rey. With Rey... I don't even know what to think with Rey yet. Luke too. Just ...eh.

I just don't yet know all the words. I literately facepalmed with the kiss by Rose Tico. I mean I know it's a Disney Movie but... UGH.

All in all, while I like the ideas, it just was put together like... I don't know. It's just not Starwars. It's fan service, less so then last time, but still. You know what I'd like to see? A Marvel Starwars. At least with those characters you have that why. That purpose. An understanding instead of more questions. If you liked this Star Wars, then you probably liked the Destiny 2 Story.

Originally I wasn't going to see this movie in theaters, due to what I saw and did not see last time. The only reason I even bothered to see it opening day at all, was because a number of early early reviews said "Best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back". I sit here now thinking that these reviewers don't know why Empire Strike back is so revered, because there was little of it in this movie.

With that all said, I'm still digesting this movie. So expect more, and I know it won't just be from me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread