Star Wars: The Last Jedi *SPOILERS* (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 08:54 (2327 days ago) @ Funkmon

It's just not Starwars

That's literally what people said about ESB when it came out. This movie is definitely Star Wars. On a thematic level, it's completely true to the Saga, and a much needed correction from Force Awakens.

And they're right. ESB ain't Star Wars. It's ESB, and it's worse.

Thematically, TFA was identical to Star Wars. This one is if someone took ESB and added in the good parts of ROTJ. It's so similar to ESB, to its detriment, that I was able to to guess there would be a weird trippy moment with the protagonist while exploring the force in the cave.

The Force Awakens seems like SW fan fiction. TLJ seems like ESB fan fiction. It has corrected nothing, and is no better than TFA, but introduced so many plot issues, was so trendy in aesthetics and gags, that I am actually upset with this movie a little bit. I am going to buy the novelization to see if it fixes my issues.

What plot issues? It is paying for the sins of Force Awakens. It seems like so many people are knocking this for not answering the ‘mystery box’ questions in the Force Awakens. Rey’s parents being nobody is actually the best choice for the film, and for the Saga.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread