Chris Barrett on state of loot, Eververse, vault space: (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, December 23, 2017, 17:56 (2368 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The fact of the matter is that the shaders from prestige mode are essentially the same as the normal raid shader, just with the colors rearranged. They look so similar that I couldn't tell you if someone was wearing normal mode or prestige mode shaders. Which means there is no associated prestige. And I've actually never seen the ornaments for the armor... not even once.

Um... Okay. I guess I was under the impression (from places like light.gg) that there's an entirely different set of Prestige armor, not just shaders. I mean, I guess the Mask of Rull LOOKS LIKE the Helm of the Emperor's Champion... but it's not the same helmet.

But hey, if you wanna say that since one is just a reskin of the other, that it's just a shader difference... okay. I'm not really sure, though, that if you go that route, that you can really argue that 'most rewarding' should mean 'same but with sweeter artwork', because that's exactly what the Prestige armor looks like, at least to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread