A path for everyone, for everything. (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 21:10 (2364 days ago) @ Kermit

I understand giving ramped up rewards for more capable and successful players. The short-game players are well looked after in most games. D1 in particular.

All players should have an path to all content. Be it the long-game, like World of Tanks or availability of much easier difficulty settings at a later date.

It's beyond stupid that I keep buying Destiny only to be deprived of a sizeable percentage of the content.

How is this true? And if everything were easily obtainable what would be the point? So all games should be like kindergarten--everyone gets a gold star?

It's a stupid game not a life requirement. It's supposed to be enjoyable. It should be accessible.

If a game doesn't offer more ways for more customers to achieve fair use of the content then it wasn't planned well enough.

The simplest way for Destiny to let less capable players experience more content is by allowing the original power levels to stand throughout the life of the game. As the players' power levels rise along with new DLC the older content becomes more accessible. This happened for Vault of Glass I believe. Our older group were finally able to finish it without young hot shots to help us. It didn't diminish the value of our success for us. Whether someone else thinks we were given a gold star is of no concern to us.

D2 immediately raised the power level for normal mode raid just as we were becoming somewhat capable of completing individual sections. It set us back to the point we have temporarily given up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread