Hardest activities should give best rewards. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 23, 2017, 19:58 (2367 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Why not both?

Fashion is the ultimate goal for tons of folks, and it ranks pretty highly on the list of things I seek out to collect. It's how I make a lot of my decisions. I play with subpar builds (Mobility armor!) because it looks cool. I'm often glimmer poor because I constantly switch shaders.

I also loved rolling into VoG with a full set of Vault weapons and destroying Oracles like no one's business (and Fatebringer and Found Verdict were awesome, regardless of which activity you were doing).

I can see why they divorced power and perks from endgame activities (Why reward stuff that makes the raid easier after you've already shown you can do the raid? Why exclude folks from the fun gear if they can't manage to get a team together and dedicate hours upon hours to finishing the raid? Etc, etc.). I'm not sure it worked, though. Like it or not, Destiny is a loot game. And while I think the raid and raid lair are fun, many people do not seem to want to run the raids for their own sake, and want neat gear as an incentive to do it. I know I would probably do it more than I do now if I knew there was better unique gear waiting at the end of it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread