Where’s the Criticism tag when you need it? (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 20:58 (2269 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I guess I'll be the bummer.

What SpaceX is doing is really exciting, and ultimately very good.

Elon Musk using SpaceX to put a giant Tesla billboard in orbit around Mars in the form of that stupid roadster is a real fucking bummer to me. Sure, let's put some garbage in orbit around Mars, that's a cool thing to do.

It will not orbit Mars. It will orbit the sun. If you’re gonna do a rant like this at least get your facts straight.

Literally every story I have ever seen has said it's going into Mars orbit. It's not my fault all those stories were wrong, and it's honestly completely irrelevant to the point. Sending a Tesla to space is dumb, only meant to inspire brand loyalty (as if a bunch of idiots don't already have that for Tesla).

Whatever, I know he owns both companies and it makes a neat story for him, but it's ultimately a corporate publicity stunt, and I hate it. Bringing capitalism into space exploration will ultimately probably be a good thing, but I still hate corporations and seeing what was once the realm of exploration and science become publicity stunts for a pretty awful company sucks.

You are so wrong on this it hurts. You are so wrong on this it legitimately makes me angry. CyberKN said it best: The hell is wrong with you?

Your bullshit sanctimonious attitude makes me angry, even though I should be used to it by now. Seriously? You're usually pretty thoughtful, but a single sentence isn't a compelling argument.

I'm sorry, sending a car manufactured by a shitty company into space fucking sucks. Everyone apparently worships Elon Musk, but this is straight up publicity for his shitty car company. I get that the idea is to literally test the payload, but I would honestly rather see it just be a pallet of cinder blocks than his car.

Sorry dudes, I won't celebrate some shitty guy and his company that overworks its employees and fires them for trying to unionize so they don't have working conditions that send literally hundreds of people to the hospital.

Him sending his Tesla into space is a celebration of Tesla, and fuck literally everything about that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread