Where’s the Criticism tag when you need it? (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 23:10 (2262 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sure, my first post could have been better. I suck at this shit, but I try. At least I don't attack people for having opinions.

NOBODY. IS. AGAINST. YOUR. OPINIONS.

I dare you to find someone who is for Tesla hurting its workers. Or someone who thinks the path to colonizing space is gonna be squeaky clean with eveyrone’s rights being fully respected. Or someone who believes that launching the Tesla was done with zero publicity consideration.

All ya gotta do, man, is take your time and explain yourself instead of just launching into rant mode in the first post. If you’d done that things would have gone swimmingly.

You're not wrong. I'll accept that.

Let me at least attempt to explain. I still don't think my post is anywhere near as negative as you want to read it as, but I realize this is the internet and tone doesn't exist. My post was a (admittedly poor) attempt to broach the subject without actually diving into it, as maybe this isn't the place for it. It's something that very easily could get very political, which is something we avoid here.

It obviously came off as far more negative than I intended, and that's on me.

But don't play innocent. You're exact words were "You are so wrong it hurts. You are so wrong it legitimately makes me angry." Those aren't the words of someone looking for clarity or of someone looking for a discussion. Those are the words of someone looking for a fight. A fight I regrettably gave you.

On the other hand, thank you. I genuinely learned something, and we got there in the end. Now, maybe we can actually have the discussion I could have started in a more graceful way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread