The real bummer (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 21:27 (2263 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 21:43

I guess I'll be the bummer.

What SpaceX is doing is really exciting, and ultimately very good.

YEA!

Elon Musk using SpaceX to put a giant Tesla billboard in orbit around Mars in the form of that stupid roadster is a real fucking bummer to me. Sure, let's put some garbage in orbit around Mars, that's a cool thing to do.

I'm sure Mars has seen worse. Just ask it's Magnosphere. Oh, wait. This gripe is cosmically silly.

Whatever, I know he owns both companies and it makes a neat story for him, but it's ultimately a corporate publicity stunt, and I hate it.

Oh geeeeeez. Here we g-...

Bringing capitalism into space exploration will ultimately probably be a good thing, but I still hate corporations and seeing what was once the realm of exploration and science become publicity stunts for a pretty awful company sucks.

I'm just going to drop this here for no reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

Who did you vote for? (RHETORICAL!)

If they refute science in any form, there is your problem. This is why we are here today. Who else was going to do this? Who else could? Space exploration ain't exactly Ma' & Pa's expertise. That leaves either evil rich people (Have you seen Musk's mother!), or evil gov'ment. EVIL!

It's Bitching for the sake of it. You should have kept this to yourself man, unless you're willing or wanting to change it.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread