Where’s the Criticism tag when you need it? (Off-Topic)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 22:44 (2268 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This isn't fun, it's putting some corporate bullshit into space and asking everyone else to laugh and play along, and I won't buy into it. If you want to, fine. I won't begrudge it. But I also won't just sit here and basically let you call me an idiot for not agreeing with you.

I’m not calling you an idiot for disagreeing with me. I’m doing so because of the way you stomped into this thread and took it on yourself to be the bummer. AKA: The asshole. Do you really think anyone else here disagrees with you on the points you’ve finally gotten around to making? We don’t. But to come in specifically to try and ruin people’s excitement at something that was truly awesome... People who do that infuriate me more than just about anyone else.

You could have stated your opinion in a more tactful way and had myself and everyone else who cared to reply agreeing with everything you said. Because I totally agree with you that bad work practices should be punished. And I at least partially agree that Tesla as a car company isn’t all that great. And I even agree that putting that Tesla Roadster in the Falcon Heavy was in part a publicity stunt. We pretty much agree on everything! Except how you decided to state your opinions.

You could have made your point while joining in with our community in celebrating the awesome achievement of hundreds of hard working people. Instead, you decided to post a half-baked rant about capitalism and hating corporations and you decided to call one of the most significant rocket launches in decades nothing but a publicity stunt.

More power to ya if you like driving people away form your legitimate opinions, but please don’t come here and be “that guy” who decides he’s gonna shit on a thread because he can. That’s all I really ask.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread