Hey DBO, whatcha playing? (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:39 (3870 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Skyrim when I get a chance. Specifically the Dragonborn expansion pack at the moment. As someone who fell in love with Morrowind, it has been a great treat to return to Solstheim. Hearing the old music tracks, knowing the layout of the land seeing how the places I knew have changed in 200 years. The faithfulness to the art direction, ambience, and lore continues to make me think Bethesda Studios (not the publisher) is my second favorite game studio. You know who is first. :)

I continue to play some Red Dead with my brother when we can. I've also started Blue Dragon, Ghostbusters, and Alan Wake but have not had the time or temperament to dive my full attention in to any of those yet. I'm a slow gamer and usually only focus on one game till I've exhausted it. Skyrim just provides me with too much relaxing content for my own good. The good thing about being slow - it's very affordable! I'm buying these big games new for $5 to 15 dollars.

GTA looks fun as always, but I won't be able to afford it for some time. What is approaching my budget is Dishonored and Tomb Raider to name a few familiar titles. But I've also got Crackdown and other free games to play sometime. The backlog can be stressful!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread