Hey DBO, whatcha playing? (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:53 (3869 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

You really, really don't need to play the first one. Why do you feel otherwise?

Well, for most game series it's probably true, if you want to understand the story. But BL1's story could be summed up in a paragraph, really. And you don't get to know the playable characters at all in BL1. In short, Kermit, I'd say SonofMacPhisto is correct, at least as far as Borderlands goes.

I never got into RDR, though I understand why it's great. I'm surprised the zombie stuff just doesn't ruin it. I mean... how does it affect it or whatever?

I never played the Undead Nightmare stuff, but my understanding was that it was sort of a separate mode?

BL2 is way better. Handsome Jack makes the game, really.

Agreed. BL1 had some good bits (Dr. Zed, Moxxi and General Knoxx in the expansions, and Scooter had a few good lines), but BL2 is clearly better. Handsome Jack is one of the funniest and most well-written villains in recent memory. Thanks, pumpkin.

BL1 is really like... let's throw a bunch of stuff together here and see what sticks. They didn't really know what they I had, I think, because it really was a surprise hit. BL2 is a much more refined, focused, and polished experience.

I'd agree. Some of the characters in BL1 just aren't fun to play at all. BL2 is much more enjoyable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread