Hey DBO, whatcha playing? (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, September 14, 2013, 13:30 (3876 days ago) @ Kermit

I keep dipping my toes into the first Borderlands, but I just can't seem to get into it (and I've convinced myself I need to finish that game before playing BL2. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I need a tour guide.)

You really, really don't need to play the first one. Why do you feel otherwise?

Finally playing RDR Undead Nightmare, which I've avoided because I'm not really a zombie kind of guy, but I'm liking it, mainly because you get to spend more time with the great characters. It's always a relief to me though when the sun comes out.

I never got into RDR, though I understand why it's great. I'm surprised the zombie stuff just doesn't ruin it. I mean... how does it affect it or whatever?

(Here's a question I can't figure out: why do I love the voice acting in RDR but kind of hate it in Borderlands? I don't know.)

BL2 is way better. Handsome Jack makes the game, really.

BL1 is really like... let's throw a bunch of stuff together here and see what sticks. They didn't really know what they I had, I think, because it really was a surprise hit. BL2 is a much more refined, focused, and polished experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread