THE ENEMY. (Gaming)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, September 15, 2013, 13:32 (3873 days ago) @ ZackDark

the DS3 seems to have some advantages. It's more feature-rich, and has astronomically superior build quality.

lolwut?

It's more feature-rich because it has motion sensors and pressure-sensitive buttons.

As for build quality? I'm not saying the DS3 has Gamecube-tier build quality, but being even half-competent already puts you leaps and bounds above most of what Microsoft makes. The controller feels solid and is tightly constructed, with precisely-sized external components. Everything on it seems to be working as intended.
By contrast, of the four 360 controllers I've purchased this gen, two have been defective in very significant ways. One has a massive, lopsided dead zone on the right analogue stick and a minor case of slow turn; the other had a really nasty case of slow turn. The latter of those I was able to repair into a perfectly acceptable state, but I really feel like I shouldn't have to spend over an hour hacking away at a plastic front plate to make a controller useable. The dead zone issue is probably fairly rare, but slow turn is absolutely not, because Microsoft can't consistently produce correctly-sized pieces of plastic.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread