Ni No Kuni! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:40 (3874 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I finally finished Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 (both fantastic), and picked up the new Splinter Cell. It's much, much better than I expected. Granted, I loved Conviction where most people didn't. I really do pine for a return to the gameplay of Chaos Theory (still one of my favorite games of all time), and I miss Michael Ironside as Sam, but I guess the franchise has really moved on from that. While it's possible to Ghost every level (I'm only a few missions in, so I guess I don't know that), I feel like it's still missing something that Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory got so right.

But I also picked up Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and holy crap, it's amazing. The art design is absolutely gorgeous. I am completely enthralled. The gameplay is just fantastic and pretty refreshing. If you're an RPG fan and own a PS3, you're doing yourself a disservice by not owning this game. It's just great in pretty much every way.

Other than that, I'm debating picking up GTA V tomorrow, but I think I'm going to pass for a while. I'm getting ready to drop $1500 for a new gaming PC, I've got an Xbox One pre-ordered, and with Splinter Cell and Ni No Kuni, I just don't foresee having much time to play it. Eventually I'll get it, fingers crossed for a PC version at some point, I guess.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread