Hey DBO, whatcha playing? (Gaming)

by Quirel, Saturday, September 14, 2013, 14:47 (3875 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Company of Heroes was introduced to me last weekend. Playing tons of skirmishes so far. Man, I see so much of what Halo Wars did in this game. Sadly for HW, CoH is far superior.

Welcome to the club!

Coolest moment so far was baiting a Panther tank around a building with one of my Wolverines, and then having the second Wolverine sneak up behind it and shoot it in the arse. If you haven't played Company of Heroes, where you actually shoot things matters. They are not just hit point sponges. Calliopes are also boss.

Take it from me, there are few things more satisfying than destroying a bridge full of M10 tank destroyers and infantry.

Heh. Have a ton of fond memories of that game. One time, when I had first picked up the game, I was playing as the Americans and spied this little tracked thing called a 'Goliath' making a beeline for one of my bunkers.
"Oh, that's cute. Is it a scou-?"
*Goliath reaches the bunker and explodes, destroying the bunker, nearby sandbags, and two nearby squads*
"... I think I'm in love..."

In hindsight, Company of Heroes was my favorite RTS ever, but it was annoyingly easy for two sides to reach a stalemate in multiplayer. Seriously, you know how Hunters absolutely dominate enemy vehicles in Halo Wars? AT guns are even worse.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread