Hey DBO, whatcha playing? (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:40 (3869 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Lots of Forza 4. Only a couple of months until Forza 5, so I'm trying to tune up and use a bunch of the cars that I've owned for a while but never drove much (mostly because I didn't have them tuned, or had tuned them poorly). I kind of feel bad because there are some cars I got when the game first came out, and I've just never used them at all. I'm also trying to get the "bucket list" achievement for winning every event in the career mode. I am nearly done tuning all my cars now, so I should be making progress on the bucket list soon!

I'm also getting back into ME3 multiplayer a bit. Lotsa bugs and some irritating control issues, but when it works the core combat in that game is among the most satisfying things I've ever played.

Just Cause 2. My roommate has owned this game on PS3 for some time, and I've played it a bunch there, but recently decided I wanted to have the achievements on my XBL profile to advertise my enthusiasm for the game. And I also wanted to buy it, to pay the developers for all the fun I've had with their game. So, I bought it from GoD. I have to say, if you've never tried it, give it a shot. Gameplay-wise, naturally some will like it and some won't, though I personally find it very enjoyable. But I think everyone should see it at least once, just to appreciate the technical achievement. The sheer scale of the place is beyond anything else I've played (well, except Eve online, but that's mostly just empty space).

I wish I was still playing BL2. It's just that I worked so hard to get all the right items so my characters would play just the way I wanted them, and now I'm being asked to pay money so that I can have to do that all over again with 6 characters, just to get them back where they were at before. Argh. I do wish that I could play the new raid without that requirement, because it sounds fun. And I wouldn't mind the extra skill points.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread