…aaaaand returned (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 04:33 (2207 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I fell for the Switch hype too, somewhat. I knew it would never be my main consol, but I do spend 2 hours on the subway each day. So I figured I’d get some use out of it. Plus with all the press ranting about Zelda being like the second coming, I thought that game would at least be a safe bet. Keep in mind that the press have actually been pretty fair towards the past few Zelda games (mixed reviews, less Nintendo fanboyism than usual). But Zelda was a huge flop for me. I’ve never played an open world game that made me want to avoid the world itself so much, with the possible exception of Shadow of Mordor.

That said, I think the switch itself is a cool little device (controller issues granted). I don’t find the joy-cons that bad, but I also barely play the thing. I did buy the pro controller. It’s better, but not good enough for me to bother using it more than once.

I also have had some great times playing Mario Kart with my daughter, as I’ve said before. So I’m ultimately glad I got one for that reason.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread