on controllers (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 16, 2018, 18:34 (2200 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Back when I was hosting the Ready up Live podcast,

What happened, by the way? I enjoyed listening to that show!

The disconnect issue still seems to happen frequently enough to be worthy of mentioning (I know my Elite randomly disconnects 2 or 3 times per week... not terrible, but again, its something that never happens with my PS4 or 360 controllers).

Man, I didn't even know that was an issue. I've literally never had that happen to me, not with a Day One Xbox One that I had until early 2016, and not with the One X I've had for a few months now. That's odd.

Long story short, I think both Playstation and Xbox offer great controllers now. But there were enough substantial problems with the Xbox One controller at launch as to necessitate several updates and improvements, which is the kind of cost you only see when a hardware maker sees the problems as serious.

As seems to be the case in general this generation, it's at least partly an issue of optics. Playstation came from behind last generation and absolutely knocked it out of the park with PS4 in just about every aspect. Is the DS4 amazing? I'd argue that it's a really great controller, but even so, it's such a huge leap over the Six Axis or DS3 that it might as well be perfect. The original Xbox One and controller were completely fine, but also disappointing after the 360 and its controller basically defined the entire generation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread