on controllers (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, April 16, 2018, 09:07 (2195 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, the Switch and the Xbone have that in common. The controllers are bad, but when you bring it up, it's all "I use the Elite/Pro controller, and it's great! Durrrr!"
But it'd be dumb to be shelling out for a on overpriced "premium" controller that performs worse than the one that comes with the console, which shouldn't be crappy. If you're tacking on the price of the extra stuff, then you're being nickel & dimed.

I've got a PS4, XB1, and a Switch. I didn't realize that the XB1 regular controllers were considered "bad" in comparison to the PS4 ones. I was under the impression that people largely had a preference related to hand size and the types of games they play, not general quality of the pad.

For me, the stick placement on the PS4 is awkward, hence my preference. I have the XB1 "Elite" controller just cause I enjoy using paddles instead of the face buttons. It'd be really cool if the console makers just started including that feature on all their pads.

RE: the switch, I do actually prefer the joy cons to the "Pro" controller because the joy con's buttons have a more satisfying click even if that means a much less comfortable experience

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread