on controllers (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, April 16, 2018, 14:16 (2173 days ago) @ Korny

You're just re-iterating the point you already made without backing it up with anything other than anecdotes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, ok. Here is where you can find more info on the thumbstick drifting problem.

Ah, got it. Googling things is hardly a scientific way of assessing public sentiment. Also, do you just enjoy being a troll?

And here is a page that details some of the issues that Microsoft addressed. It's a fluff page, but it acknowledges the bumper fixes.

Yeah it's cool that Microsoft updated the controller to make the bumpers better and add that headset jack (which I really appreciated, I wondered why they didn't just have in the first place like the DS4). By the way, the DS4 got an update as well, but I can't imagine a universe where I would have slid into a thread about the Switch to complain that the original DS4 ONLY worked over bluetooth just like the joy cons and introduced dreaded input lag into my gaming...

The controller itself also suffers from connection issues (which can pop up at unfortunate times), there are longstanding issues with headsets connecting to the controller (and causing echoes)... I mean, sure, you can fanboy this all as "super rare anecdotal" stuff, but it's always been pretty common. If you want to Kermit it as "I never had an issue, so there's no issue", it's fine, but a simple, quick google shows that these issues aren't isolated, and have in some cases, been acknowledged by MS and fixed... Although, as the Halo World Championships this weekend showed, there are some that remain.

I'm not saying these issues don't exist (they obviously do, that HWC instance is egregious), I'm arguing that you're exaggerating issues in an inflammatory fashion in a barely relevant context. I'll always come back to the fact that you rail against fanboys while constantly fanning the flames of console vs console arguments is indicative that you're either a massive troll or a misguided fanboy yourself.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread