…aaaaand returned (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 07:31 (2202 days ago) @ stabbim

The one thing I'm most curious about is the thing no one seems to be addressing, and I HOPE that's a sign that it's not an issue anymore. When the Switch first came out, I remember seeing numerous articles claiming there was a widespread issue with one side controller disconnecting frequently (don't remember whether it was left or right). Some of them also indicated a firmware fix might be pending, but I don't remember hearing whether that happened, or whether it helped the people who were having trouble.

Things like the feel of the buttons or how the controllers sit in your hand are all YMMV to me, and probably things I could live with (I would want to try one first, of course) in exchange for having something I could take on work trips easily. But that disconnection issue... no. So what has everyone's experience been with that, if any?

I’ve only experienced it once, but I’ve probably spent a grand total of 3 hours using the thing in portable mode. By far the most use it gets is docked, with the Joy Cons “split” into 2 separate controllers for my daughter and me. If I recall correctly, the issue was most common for people using it in portable mode with the joycons attached to the console.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread