Good to know! (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 12:03 (2150 days ago) @ Xenos

This is described in other threads here, but for folks who haven't seen this yet, the Exotic perk of the Polaris Lance is a delayed explosive round that shows up after 4 precision shots. (Four quick precision shots, I should say; there's a definite time limit between shots, and if you exceed it, the count starts over.)

I've been testing this A LOT over the last week or so and there actually isn't a time limit between shots. Basically, between shots 1-4 you can take as long as you want (and even miss precision shots like crazy) and you won't lose your count, BUT as soon as you make that 4th shot you have about 5 seconds to use your explosive shot or it's gone. In addition, if you reload (even with a Hunter's dodge reload) it will reset your shots back to 0.

I'm glad to hear that it's only the last gap that matters! (That's the one I'd screw up the most, because I was looking for an unhurt Legionary. I guess I just assumed it was between all of them.)

Also, when things are as crazy as the Castellum solo can get, sometimes you hit a precision shot and don't see the yellow markers; I blew a LOT of the perfect fifths on guys that were nearly dead because I thought the count was 3, instead of 4. (It wasn't until the end of the strike that I even noticed the reticle changes for the fifth shot. :) )

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread