Agreed (on the doability). (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, June 09, 2018, 10:05 (2147 days ago) @ stabbim

The figuring on the amount of time each day assumes you can play each day.

Yup. Thank you for saying that. I wasn't planning on having to defend my assessment of how much time I have available (and I'm far from the busiest person I know, so if it's a chore for me, it's a chore for at least SOME others). Each day you can't play stacks that time on to some other day. Skip 2 or 3, and pretty soon you could be trying to stack a 3-4 hour session into one day.

Apologies; I didn't realize I was wording it in a way that made people feel like they had to justify their busy lives. You don't; 50 levels *is* a lot, and requires a significant amount of play in order to reach. And being absent for some of those 7 days definitely builds strain on the other ones. (My post also implies that even someone with an hour a day to play Destiny would be OKAY with doing nothing but farming tokens all week. That's also incorrect; that gets seriously boring, and it's not why most of us play in the first place.)

I guess the point of my post was that although it seems like a ridiculously high point you need to reach, if you break it down it's not quite as bad as it first seems. (I had tried to estimate the math before the week started; I wasn't sure if we were going to need 20 tokens per level, or 30 as some vendors require. I went with a worst-case scenario, and then calculated my climb rate in the last Iron Banner (which was recent enough that I could actually remember the numbers needed), and decided it wasn't going to be doable. (I reached the 35-level requirement for the ship in IB only by spending several hundred tokens above what I earned that week, tokens saved up from earlier IBs. Adding in those tokens, and then ANOTHER 15 levels, made me pretty sure earning the catalyst wasn't going to happen. When it turned out that the earn rate on faction tokens was much, much higher than the earn rate on IB tokens, I was relieved... but that made me lose sight of the fact that it's STILL a lot of hours. Sorry.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread