Exploiting & Enjoying Renown (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 13:14 (2144 days ago) @ narcogen

I have to admit, though, I only even thought of doing this because renown was completely wrecking me the first day I played with it on-- because I had a leftover quest to get Valkyrie kills on Mars and I was attempting to do it during EP and public events with renown stacking, and I was getting killed before I could get a single kill. It was annoying.

Oh, yeah. Public events with renown active are gnarly. In my groups, we learned to avoid them once we'd built up a couple of stacks.

If you're primarily focused on the quest and not actually trying to gain renown, you could lose it between events. Get killed on purpose (bonus: this is easier to do with renown!) or just fast travel and lose it all at once.

So finally yes, Renown in lost sectors is easy to exploit but the exploit is probably not really worth it, as it means spending 2x the time for two players getting the same reward. If there's a player who really wants the reward but is struggling with finishing a sector solo, you can always do this.

That's exactly why I never viewed this as a "real" exploit. Even in the scenario of helping a struggling player get through the lost sector, it's only putting them on level footing (at best) with other players.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread