The 4 precision shots are interesting... (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 19:08 (2149 days ago) @ Xenos

This is described in other threads here, but for folks who haven't seen this yet, the Exotic perk of the Polaris Lance is a delayed explosive round that shows up after 4 precision shots. (Four quick precision shots, I should say; there's a definite time limit between shots, and if you exceed it, the count starts over.)

I've been testing this A LOT over the last week or so and there actually isn't a time limit between shots. Basically, between shots 1-4 you can take as long as you want (and even miss precision shots like crazy) and you won't lose your count, BUT as soon as you make that 4th shot you have about 5 seconds to use your explosive shot or it's gone. In addition, if you reload (even with a Hunter's dodge reload) it will reset your shots back to 0.

I haven't tried it, but I've heard you can even switch to your kinetic or power weapon and your precision shots will still be lit up in your scope when you switch back to the Polaris Lance.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread