Agreed (on the doability). (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 08, 2018, 16:53 (2147 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Okay, this is a theoretical argument, since we're already halfway through the week, but here's the math:

You need 50 levels, right? You have 7 days. That's an average of just over 7 per day.

There are several optimized tactics for maximizing your token earning, but a couple of them are obvious enough that many people stumbled on them before reading farming guides - which means we can probably say that anyone who really wanted to hit level 50 (whether or not they were short on time) could probably use one. Those methods earn coins at rates of about 100-120/hour (or 5-6 levels/hour).

If you spread your earnings out over the full week, you can take full advantage of the Faction Rally milestone every day - which gives you an extra 15 tokens/character (or more than 2 levels for folks with 3 characters), easily accomplishable during your normal token farming. (I mean, you get them anyway, if you're trying to maximize earning rates.)

What that means is, if you thought about the issue before Tuesday morning, you could devote about an hour a day this week to token farming, and end up at level 50 by Monday.

There are a whole bunch of people who hit level 50 before Wednesday's reset - they needed to play at least 10 hours on Tuesday to do that.

Those are the outside limits for hitting 50. (Least vs most work.)

If you've got a couple of long stretches on the weekend, you can easily finish.

I'm going to attempt to hit it on both Xbox and PS4 - made harder by the fact that I only have a single character on PS4. I have a life, so I might not get there - but I'm gonna try. :)

(If you consider 'farming' beneath you, or you hate doing something many times in a row (even when it's a multi-step process that actually varies quite a bit between cycles)... well, this isn't for you. But for the rest of us... it's doable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread