Renown is easily the best thing to happen to D2 in a while. (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 08, 2018, 15:13 (2120 days ago) @ Korny

Okay, so only being able to pledge to a single faction sucks, and on paper, having to hit rank 50 to get the weapon catalyst (they made sure not to tell us that before the rally began, didn't they?) is even worse...

Yep. This falls in the "how much free time does Bungie think people have?" category. I am a single person with a not-insane work schedule most of the time, and even I am not completely certain this is going to happen. Luckily I don't have a lot of commitments this weekend (although there's still a lot I need to get done) so I can devote a couple of long stretches to it. But I don't know how someone with kids or a demanding job/school is supposed to have that kind of time.

-You can't just rush to the end.
I was having a lot of fun, because the same tired old Lost Sectors were now interesting battlefields where I was carefully planning my every move up, because a single enemy (or in Cody's case, a single jump) could prove fatal.

Or a single traitorous mancannon in my case. Seriously, though, this pace feels a lot more interesting. It actually feels reasonable to want a 3-player team for a lost sector now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread