The soft cap is bad system. (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 21, 2018, 09:39 (2112 days ago) @ Korny

You’re not wrong about that.

But that also wouldn’t be an issue if the soft cap didn’t exist. I’ve played this game more than enough to be at max level, I just don’t play it on Bungie’s schedule.

I have very few complaints about Destiny any more. This is the one that lingers, and probably always will. I’ve mostly let it go. As I said, I can wait to do these things. But the longer I wait, the harder it gets to find folks that want to do stuff they’ve already ran dozens of times before.

The soft cap is ostensibly designed to keep the community leveling together. I’d argue it does the opposite of that. Miss a week, and you fall behind with literally no way to catch up. It sucks. I’m not trying to argue that the game should just drop powerful gear all the time, but it shouldn’t be a tap that just turns off until the weekly reset either. Nerfing exotic drops was dumb.

I will say it’s mostly fine—there’s enough sources of Powerful Engrams to making leveling decently quick. But most of those come from raids, and those still aren’t necessarily easy to put together on an unexpected evening. Maybe I’ll turn to LFG.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread