You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. :) (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 10:11 (2109 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This is all totally personal, obviously, but IMO neither of your examples show an up-side to power levels. Similar effects could have been achieved through things like selectable difficulty levels, earning weapons that simply do more damage than the weapons that are available earlier, just as a couple examples.

Your latter example is just power levels again, only with the added downside of limiting weapon selection too.

I like Raga’s example of EP being too difficult at first. While I agree that selectable difficulty is great, there is something to be said for the entire community having the same experience and struggling against it.

I don’t think this issue is cut and dry. I just think it could be better, even while accepting the constraints of the power level. As stabbim said, that’s a moot point. Destiny will always have power levels, so talking about a version of Destiny that doesn’t have that is a fun exercise, but also pointless. I’d much rather focus on accepting the system as a given and focusing on improvements. The thing is, they had it figured out with The Taken King. Everything you did could give you drops. We’ve basically returned to Etheric Light—doing specific activities for a guaranteed powerful drop once a week.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread