There’s a middle ground. (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 09:24 (2109 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I agree—I think Destiny could be even better without a Power Level system at all. I’m not interested in having that conversation again.

I would settle for not being locked out of progressing if I don’t do Bungie’s weekly checklist. It was fine the way it worked in The Taken King.

They don’t have to rain powerful drops on us like they do up until the soft cap. Just allow all drops to move us forward, even if it’s only 1 or 2 power level per item. Let me slowly gain power while I’m continually grinding out Zavala rank or playing Crucible or doing literally any activity in the game. Bring back streak bonuses for rare Powerful Engram drops.

I don’t care that I have to spend time leveling up—I like this game enough to just spend the time playing it. I do mind that the things I often find myself doing to enjoy playing the game are completely useless to leveling up because of the completely arbitrary gate.

I spent a few hours running through early missions with Korny on his new character. And it was fun! Why shouldn’t I be able to get the occasional engram with a meager power increase from that?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread