There’s a middle ground. (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 09:02 (2108 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Your xkcd comic is not applicable. Photo recognition is a hard problem nobody has solved. Deleting all items in a stack has been a feature of games since there were games.

Yes, it is. The comic literally illustrates how some people might think something is easy when in fact it's very complicated to program. Which happens to be exactly what we are talking about.

Again I don’t know how to program. All I care about is results. And I see results in almost every other game ever. If Bungie designed a their system with this shortcoming that is a mistake, and I don’t know why people make excuses.

*sigh* I'm not saying that there is no mistake. I'm just trying to explain that people make it sound like the problem is just some simple fix and I'm trying to point out that software is rarely ever that simple. They might be able to make a quick fix, but that could seriously damage the overall product down the line and introduce bugs. And because they haven't done it, there must be a reason as to why. Like, to introduce a system like that, they have to rework the dismantling system, along with the system that gives you rewards. Those are two very important systems that would take a while to develop and test.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread