Different tastes for different shakes. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, September 30, 2013, 15:03 (3853 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Is that even a saying?

I'm surprised even more at this. Clearness of the composition? Its a flat composition with peoples back at ya, and unused space. If I didn't know what I was looking at I wouldn't want to pick this game up just from visuals alone.

To me it's clean and iconic, and in a world of ridiculously busy covers, the simple stands out. I'm not saying its the best game cover of all time (that would be Halo 3), but I think it's a cool image, good enough for the standard edition. I'd say I like it better than Reach's final cover as it allows me to guess and imagine more about these characters, where as having them front and attention would just be saying "here they are folks." Now the silhouettes on the bottom of the planet teaser image for Reach on the other hand was fantastic and gave my imagination much more to do, which is an element of what I like about the Hunter here.

In fact, if I had a choice I would change the direction they were facing. I think it would be very interesting how Huge of a difference that would make.

Ah, their direction is the main reason I like it as I said above.

What I would have done is to make three different covers highlighting one class each with a reversible side showing off a more mysterious shot of the Traveler hanging over The Last City with Bungie's solar charts branching off of the sphere into the night sky towards obscure symbols representing the various factions and locations we will be fighting/exploring.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread