Answer here (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:35 (2007 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Except Horizon Zero Dawn, which has virtually no filler quests in the story (except that whole Dervahl questline, if you want to get technical). Or God of War, which, while not fully open world, was filled with tons of fun-focused content. Or Spider-man, which, ya know, Spider-man.

I will be totally 100% honest: I didn't really enjoy much of my time with Horizon Zero dawn. There were STORY moments that got to me, but the game itself wasn't engaging to me.

Sounds like you were approaching it like one of those Tearblast Toddlers that hang around these parts (cough). The game is super fun gameplay-wise if you use the dozen tools or so that become available to you. Starting it on Hard difficulty helped me enjoy the gameplay even more, because you’re constantly having to readjust your strategy as the fight gets worse, or you discover enemy weaknesses or strategies. I love Witcher 3, but it’s definitely one of the less “fun” open world games. HZD completely fixed that one nagging issue for me, and the story starts off strong, but somehow constantly gets better and better. I definitely recommend that you push through. You can beat the main story in about 30 hours or so, 50 with side quests (which all help flesh out the world, cultures, politics, etc.), and maybe 55 with collectibles and viewpoints, which often tell some great stories too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread