*OT* Halo Infinite: "Discover Hope" Trailer (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, June 09, 2019, 19:05 (1775 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'll smack this dead horse a bit more . . .

I liked Halo 5 a lot. Most of the hate is completely undeserved. It's the best-feeling Halo yet. I'm excited for more Halo on that premise alone. I hope they don't abandon the movement abilities or general gameplay style in favor of chasing the old Halo feel, as I think Halo 5 was damn near perfect in still feeling absolutely like Halo, but also having the faster pace of a modern first person shooter.

While I'm totally okay with a move to a more nostalgic art style, 343i's armor for the Master Chief has always looked really fucking cool in my book, and I miss it already. It looked tanky in a really great way.

That said, I'm totally stoked for Halo Infinite. I still love Halo and I'm ready for more.

I wish there had been more of a gameplay pitch there, although it's interested that there's been a pretty large time skip. The "boot up" screen says that his armor BIOS was last updated by Halsey in 2561. Halo 5 took place in 2558, so it's been a few years.

Also, I wonder what the Xbox LIVE code was for in that screen. I tried to redeemed, but of course it was already used. I thought maybe it'd be a universal code for a theme or something, but apparently not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread