Legacy (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 17:16 (1751 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't speak on behalf of people I know there, but I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about. The people working on MCC really do care about it.

So when is a fix coming for the graphical issues? Oh right, never.

They very well could care, but just not about this particular issue.

Or, you know, they could have other shit to do. I’m honestly a bit surprised at you. You champion workers rights and work life balance and good labor practices and then turn around and write a pissy diatribe about how those lazy devs just clearly don’t care enough to fix what is a realistically very minor issue.

That's correct. It's not their priority. With backwards compatibility a thing with the entire xbox line, they could have been even less stressed if they had just not done an MCC. The original games will play on the new systems. They could have actually done nothing.

I am not super familiar with how multiplayer works with backward compatibility though. Can you put in an original Halo 2 disc and enter matchmaking? if you can't, then this is a reason to port. But note that this was the aspect they failed on the most when it launched.

No, you can't put in a Halo 2 disc and do anything online, as far as I know. It still looks for the original Xbox Live servers that got taken down. Likewise, you can't put in Halo 3 and play in a game with someone on The Master Chief Collection.

The pitch for Master Chief Collection is pretty evident, I think, even if matchmaking for the original games still worked. Being able to matchmake and jump from playing Halo 1 to Halo 3 to Halo 2 to Halo 4 is a cool experience. Playing Halo 1 online at all is a good enough reason for that thing to exist. A few minor graphical errors is a silly thing to be that upset about, and downright saying the developers don't give a shit goes far beyond silly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread