elite advice (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 10, 2019, 14:20 (1773 days ago) @ CougRon

I've had problems with my regular controllers, especially connecting charging cables to them (I have to bend and wrap the wires to get the controllers to charge). I've considered going for an elite. Should I wait till November or should I look at deals for the Elite 1 now? I can get slightly used from amazon for lower.

For what it's worth, I watched the trailer for the new Elite and didn't see much to make me want it over the original Elite. But that's because I barely use any of the features on the original. I don't use the paddles, I don't bother with the "preset" button layouts, I use the default sticks and D-pad, I don't bother with the hair trigger switches. So for me, there probably isn't enough of a difference to warrant an upgrade.

However, if I hadn't just purchased a fresh Elite, and I didn't need a new controller ASAP, I might wait for the Elite 2. If nothing else, the recharge/docking station and ~40 battery life sounds fantastic. I've found that the Elites can be a bit hit and miss with 3rd party docking stations/rechargeable battery packs. They don't always fit perfectly, and sometimes take some nudging to get them to seat properly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread