Thank you! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 03, 2019, 18:43 (1728 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, August 03, 2019, 18:52

Look, I think this grind is pretty silly and extreme. Bungie screwed this one up.

But it’s for a set of armor and a sparrow. I think it’s hilarious that the typical power grind is apparently fine, but this grind for a sparrow is just the worst thing to happen.

I hate the grind in Destiny more than just about anyone except for Cody, and I’m still really enjoying the game right now. I just got immediately wrote off getting that sparrow and moved on.

The time limit is an issue too. If it were just a grind that last theoretically as long as the life of D2, then there are no issues. But when you consider the time allotted to do these tasks, it's just not feasible to do unless you dedicated ALL of your time to it, which is ridiculous.

I won't go too far to defend a shitty grind, but this really isn't as bad as it seems at first glance. I got to blue armor in two nights of around three hours each. I expect getting from blue to legendary will be about the same. That's a total of 12 hours over the course of four weeks.

The time is only a small part of what's wrong with the quest, though. It's more just that it's boring. Strikes are fun. Having to do ten of them in a row is not. 25 Patrols on the EDZ is so mindnumbingly boring that I'm considering stabbing myself in the leg just to see if I can still feel anything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread