Guys...It's a Sparrow (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, August 03, 2019, 21:16 (1725 days ago) @ squidnh3

Yeah, it's a Sparrow, but it's a Sparrow that I'd actually really like to drive around. I held onto my Voidstreak for the entirety of its time in D1. I've been rocking a Jade Rabbit emblem for as long as I can remember. I'd love to have that Sparrow, but it's just not going to happen for me. I normally don't care about the endgame cosmetics that I have to miss out on, but this one burns a bit.

My work/life balance over the past 5-6 months has made it so that I am perpetually behind in Destiny content, and I'm constantly slipping back, inch-by-inch. For the first time since Vault of Glass, I had to bail out of my blind raiding group for Crown of Sorrow because I just couldn't make the power level requirements in a reasonable amount of time. Let me tell you, that made me feel shitty and "less-than." My team wanted to try for a raid jacket this time around, and the real-life timing of content just didn't leave me in a place where I could make the attempt. And I sure as hell didn't want to hold them back from taking a shot at it. I would have preferred to level more slowly and do the raid after a few weeks of catching-up. But my inability to play the way I wanted to was a direct result of Bungie pushing incentives for us to play Destiny relentlessly.

I've barely touched The Menagerie. My Chalice has two sockets unlocked and one power-up activated. I'm trying to work through my Exotic quests, and that's been mostly fun, albeit a little grindy at times. (Don't get me started on the flat-out-unmentioned requirement to get a Not on My Watch medal in Gambit for Lumina… oi.) Reckoning and Gambit Prime? Similar situation. I still have a Middling Synth and I don't think I'm going to level it up. I finished most, but not all, of the Black Armory content.

All told, I'm feeling more and more that the carrots Bungie dangles are out of reach for my level of comfort when it comes to time spent playing Destiny. Maybe it's just me that has changed. But little things like the 100 minibosses requirement (with an uncertain classification for "miniboss" in there) serve to reinforce the feeling that Destiny is pushing itself on us just a bit too hard sometimes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread