Guys...It's a Sparrow (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 06:50 (1695 days ago) @ Malagate

Which would suck because then I wouldn't get to play public events with my friends where we are all blowing stuff up with rockets. That was fun. Also, this took about 20 minutes to do.

Same. I didn't mind focusing my play on Rocket usage, in this particular case. Nor do I take issue with most of the other tasks that they set with regard to weapon types, precision kills, grenade kills, etc. I find it fun to be challenged to play a little out of my comfort zone, and I do find it fun to tweak and optimize a build in order to maximize my efficiency in completing those tasks. But here's the But: It is absolutely infuriating to make that kind of effort on the task(s) at hand, only to have to run counter to a different set of wickets active in the EAZ, with a 12-hour shelf life on bounties no less, and then have to reoptimize for that. It becomes too much work just to do what the game is promising rewards for, to say nothing of just playing for fun. And this is precisely why I gave up on Bad Juju at 15 tributes.

This could be addressed by lengthening the window of the seasonal event, or simply designing taskers on the armor to include some or all of the daily EAZ requirements. And I understand things like DIM exist, but I shouldn't be required to rely on third-party functionality to hit the wickets required for a seasonal event.

I agree that when simple tasks become hard to do, no because of actually game skill, but because of UI tracking then that becomes a problem that needs to be solved. We should be able to effortlessly be able to do these things while we are playing the game right?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread