The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 21:08 (1454 days ago) @ unoudid

[image]

... With a deep breath... I get it.

I get it.

... but man, what is with Modern Bungie and their... incompetence in execution.

Just... like... STOP already!

Maybe (plausibly) it's 2020 being all sorts of crazy, bleeding in to things. ... or ...

*mmhm*

...but this seasons so called Season of the "Worthy" (though it really should have a prefix of "UN-" in that title) has been... utter dog shit. I haven't felt this much animosity towards Destiny The Game since Destiny 1. DESTINY 1! "Worse" subjectively, for me, then "Curse of Osiris". As such, recently I reflected. I read my "short novella" about the first year of Destiny 1. You know what I found? I could probably condense it down a third now, which is good. Yay! Personal Progress! At risk of self congratulations, there are some fairly decent quotes in it, among all the overly long and drawn out explanations. Some of which are still quite relevant.

I bring this up, as one of my biggest issues then was communication. To me then, that was one of THE BIGGEST kisses of DEATH for the game. The lack of tempering in expectations (should such, admittedly, be even possible) and the plight of personally built expectations. And I tell ya, while reading my flood of focused scattered thoughts, I was thinking to myself "has this been improved"? Is this grievance of mine in any way still true? And at the time of my reading and reflection I found my conclusion to be that communication has been improved since then. Sitting here now, I can say yes it has definitely improved, and yet... I don't think it has. It's a paradox in my head.

And in sitting here thinking about it... trying to write these words...

... there HAS been MORE communication, but that doesn't mean it's better.

So what do I mean about that? Well, Destiny is a live game. That means LOTS of moving parts. And the both of us, Fan & Studio alike have been learning what that means. Some of us handle it better then others. I? I never played the, I think, Granddaddy live game of them all, World of Warcraft, so I came into this raw. I had no idea. And I think it's safe to presume that most folk in Bungie right now, were never "Devs" for a Live game before either. We know there is at least one fan, but Developer? Nah.

So we're all learning.

Bungie has to keep the pot from getting stale, much as the problem was in Destiny 1, and we? I don't know. I DON'T KNOW! ... Play the game? I honestly have to question at this point if they know what play means. ...or... I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

[image]

They aren't FEELING the community, they are just... doing their job, and in doing so, it feels TO ME like they aren't doing their job. Does that make sense? Does the apathy even register? Again... THIS IS A LIVE GAME!

We don't have the full picture of what this looks like, and it seems like, as happy as I am that we are told this stuff in advance, this piece meal approach it seems to me, admittedly suddenly, like it's causing more problems then it solves right now. We are FORCED right now to react to a COG in the LIVE GAME machine. And we can't, shouldn't go back to "silence" as that was bad too! Dam'd do, dam'd don't!

And... man, I got, you know I got more... I'm only started here, but I need to stop and post at this juncture. So here, read CruelLEGACEYs post, or something.

Sidenote: What happens to Drang in all this? ...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread